Cape Town – MultiChoice is now giving DStv Premium subscribers the option of adding Naspers' subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) streaming service, Showmax, to their existing subscription without having to pay for it, or paying more for DStv Premium.
1. First you need two things - a registered, valid Showmax account, and a registered, valid DStv (Connect ID) account.
2. First make sure you have a Connect ID account and that you are a DStv Premium subscriber. If you don't have one, go to www.dstv.com and "login" in the top right corner, click on "New to Connect? Register." and register.
3. Now go to Showmax at www.showmax.com and register an account, or if you already have an account, login to your account.
6. Now click on "purchase subscription". Don't worry, you're not yet really purchasing anything - this will just open further different options.
7. Now, under "add a new monthly payment method" click on the DStv logo where it says "Add to DStv account".
8. Now you have to sign in with your registered Connect ID details to link Showmax and your DStv Premium subscription together.
10. Also if you go back to your "Manage Subscription" page inside Showmax, you should see "DStv account" under your "Stored Payment options".
11. Showmax will also send you an email to notify you that you have successfully linked your Showmax and DStv Premium accounts.
DStv Premium subscribers can now watch Showmax content through their DStv Explora decoders, the DStv Now app, online and through smart TV sets. On your DStv Explora, you reach Showmax by pressing the blue oval DStv button on your DStv remote.
Scroll to "Watch Now" and down to "Showmax". Enter your same Showmax login to choose and watch shows.
Showmax carries a catalogue of 25 000 TV shows and films. The tighter Showmax integration with MultiChoice comes as the 2-year old SVOD service is folding its South African and African operations into the DStv Digital Media unit of MultiChoice.