Baby dies of gas inhalation in Klerksdorp

07 July 2017 8:06 PM

31 0

Baby dies of gas inhalation in Klerksdorp

Mahikeng – A 14-month-old baby has died after he apparently inhaled gas at his home in the North West town of Wilkoppies, Klerksdorp, ER24 said in a statement on Friday.

The infant and his parents, who also inhaled the gas, were reportedly found by a relative on Friday morning. The adults were unconscious and were found in the room where the family had slept, the statement read.

ER24 spokesperson Annine Siddal told News24 that there was nothing that could be done to save the baby and he was declared dead in the room.

Siddal said: "The parents were stabilised and transported to hospital".

Siddal said that the family had a gas cylinder, describing it as "the type of gas cylinder that you would use for cooking".

Source: news24.com

To category page

Loading...