Reports state that a family member found the baby and his parents in the room where the family had slept last night.
The body of a 14-month-old baby and his unconscious parents were found on Friday morning in Klerksdorp after they allegedly inhaled gas, paramedics said.
ER24 spokesperson Annine Siddall said that it is believed the family inhaled gas on Thursday night.
“Reports suggest that a family member found the baby and his parents this morning in the room where the family had slept last night. At the time of their arrival, ER24 paramedics found the two adults to be unconscious,” Siddall said.
“Unfortunately, there was nothing paramedics could do to save the baby and he was declared dead on scene. The two adults were transported to Tshepong Hospital for further medical care.”
Siddall said the details around the incident was unknown and would be investigated by local authorities.