Yet another shooting has occurred in Cape Town's Facreton area, in spite of protest marches by residents to demand an end to the violence.
"The Kensington Community Police Forum confirms that this morning, Saturday the 8th of September, a shooting incident occurred in Factreton," said KCPF spokesperson Zainulabideen van der Schyff.
"One male was left wounded in Albacore street and subsequently rushed to hospital for medical assistance.
"The Kensington Community Police Forum urges all residents to remain vigilant during these trying times and report all suspicious activity to [the SA Police Service]."
Police spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Andre Traut said an attempted murder case was registered after the victim was shot and wounded at around 11:00.
Last month residents of the Kensington and Facreton blocked a major arterial route during rush hour traffic to get national government to pay attention to gang violence and shootings in the area.
Also watch: Bulls welcome return of key players